Sr. Financial Analyst
To be considered for this important position within our company, CLICK HERE to apply online. This position is based in our Minnetonka, MN office.
United Sports Brands is a global leader in sports performance and protective products designed to help athletes perform at their personal best. Brands within the company’s impressive portfolio include Shock Doctor, the #1 global leader in mouthguards; McDavid, a brand at the top of the recommended lists of pro athletes, sports medicine professionals and athletic trainers for more than 30 years; Cutters, the innovative leader in the athletic glove market and high performance glove grip technology; XO Athletic, a premium, game-changing developer of athletic cups and sports protection; and Nathan the Running Essentials™ market leader in athletic hydration and visibility products. Our products are sold at the major sporting goods retailers as well as a significant number of independent sporting goods retailers and distributors throughout the U.S. and in selective international markets and through our consumer direct websites at www.shockdoctor.com, www.mcdavidusa.com, www.cutterssports.com, www.xoathletic.com, www.NathanSports.com.
Reporting to the Director, Financial P&A, primary responsibilities of this role include providing financial planning & analysis expertise and support to assist United Sports Brands in achieving its business goals. This includes participation as a key player in Company planning processes, including 3-year Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, and semi-annual forecasts; evaluation of financial actual results compared to plans or forecasts; and analytical support for growth opportunities (new products, customer opportunities).
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Support and execute the financial planning and forecasting process
- Participate in annual and semi-annual forecasting process and analyze results for variance plan and forecast submissions
- Interpret financial results and develop financial models to identify strategic alternatives and/or contingency plans
- Assist in 3-year strategic planning and modeling
- Assist with preparation of Board/Management reporting package, analysis of variance, identification of key driver/insights, outlook/re-forecast
- Assist in Business team Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Assist in the consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial and operational results on a monthly basis to help the business in achieving financial and strategic objectives
- FP&A support for marketing, sales, operations and product development functions including customer, product, channel analysis/profitability
- Utilize Data Warehouse and reporting tools to manipulate data set outputs into executive level analyses for decision making
- Prepare reports as necessary for internal and external corporate financial reporting
- 3 – 6 years financial planning & analysis experience. Consumer product or retail industry experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferred major in Finance, Accounting or related business degree)
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Excellent planning and analysis skills with the ability to analyze situation, apply proven problem solving techniques and make sound business decisions/recommendations
- Experience creating and working with complex Excel based financial models resulting in financial statement outputs (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) and valuation metrics
- Demonstrated financial planning/analysis skills within a high growth, fast-paced company environment
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Systems orientation, including management reporting and financial transaction processing
- Business acumen/strong business analysis and judgment, ability to understand cost/equations
- Self-starter – inquisitive, high-energy
- Strong MS Office skills (advanced level Excel). Experienced in utilizing Excel, ERP system/reporting to complete complex business/decision analysis and planning
- Adaptable, resilient, flexible, fast-paced/sense of urgency, and a high level of multitasking ability
- Personal and professional values aligned with company values and culture, high integrity
- Other duties as assigned
Position Compensation & Benefits:
United Sports Brands offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, a casual & flexible work environment, and a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture.
United Sports Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.