Customer Service Representative
To be considered for this important position within our company, please send your resume to HR@shockdoctor.com with subject line “Customer Service Rep”. This position will be based in our Fountain Valley, CA office.
United Sports Brands is a global leader in sports performance and protective products designed to help athletes perform at their personal best. Brands within the company’s impressive portfolio include Shock Doctor, the #1 global leader in mouthguards; McDavid, a brand at the top of the recommended lists of pro athletes, sports medicine professionals and athletic trainers for more than 30 years; Cutters, the innovative leader in the athletic glove market and high performance glove grip technology; XO Athletic, a premium, game-changing developer of athletic cups and sports protection; and Nathan the Running Essentials™ market leader in athletic hydration and visibility products. Our products are sold at the major sporting goods retailers as well as a significant number of independent sporting goods retailers and distributors throughout the U.S. and in selective international markets and through our consumer direct websites at www.ShockDoctor.com; www.McDavidusa.com; www.CuttersSports.com; www.XoAthletic.com; www.nathansports.com.
The Customer Service Rep will be focused on Nathan Sports and responsible for processing and managing consumer and retail customer orders. Main point of contact for consumer orders and consumer responses including incoming calls, warranty administration, and written or email communication with consumers. Support retail/dealer customer order management and sales rep support including regular communication with sales force, retail customers and warehouse from point of order through shipment and receipt by customer.
· Answer calls and respond to emails from consumers and U.S. Sporting Goods retailers
· Process and manage consumer direct, retailer at-once, pre-book and custom orders
· Partner with the warehouse to expedite orders according to customer requirements
· Track and report daily activities for designated customer service responsibilities
· Process claims for defective orders
· Create return authorizations and freight credits
· Administer product warranty claims
· Provide back up to other Customer Service Reps
· Organize, track and send sales samples on a regular basis
· Partner with marketing to initiate promotions
· Liaison between remote employees and the corporate office
· Internal support for regional sales managers
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 2 years of general office experience
· Customer service experience servicing retailers and/or consumers within a consumer products company preferred.
· Running specialty background strongly preferred.
· High school diploma or GED required. Post-secondary education strongly preferred.
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics GP or comparable system is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with taking consumer and account calls, making outbound calls, heavy email traffic and order management.
- Exceptional detail orientation and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, inquisitive, high energy.
- Ability to work in a high volume atmosphere and the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good work ethic and ability to prioritize work is needed to perform daily tasks and meet certain deadlines.
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
Position Compensation & Benefits:
United Sports Brands offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, a casual & flexible work environment, and a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture.
United Sports Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.