East Region Tech Rep
To be considered for this important position within our company, please send your resume to HR@unitedspb.com with subject line “East Region Tech Rep”. This position will be based in the Eastern US, preferably New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC.
United Sports Brands is a global leader in sports performance and protective products designed to help athletes perform at their personal best. Brands within the company’s impressive portfolio include Shock Doctor, the #1 global leader in mouthguards; McDavid, a brand at the top of the recommended lists of pro athletes, sports medicine professionals and athletic trainers for more than 30 years; Cutters, the innovative leader in the athletic glove market and high performance glove grip technology; XO Athletic, a premium, game-changing developer of athletic cups and sports protection; and Nathan the Running Essentials™ market leader in athletic hydration and visibility products. Our products are sold at the major sporting goods retailers as well as a significant number of independent sporting goods retailers and distributors throughout the U.S. and in selective international markets and through our consumer direct websites at www.shockdoctor.com, www.mcdavidusa.com, www.cutterssports.com, www.xoathletic.com, www.NathanSports.com.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager for Eastern US, the East Region Tech Rep will be responsible for increasing business in the Eastern US by executing educational product and marketing initiatives via retail customers and running events.
This will include maximizing sales opportunities by implementing in-store merchandising and promotions, gathering retailer and consumer feedback on our products and marketing efforts, and identifying and carrying out promotions and brand events. You will work cross-functionally with the marketing and sales departments to execute in-store signage and marketing promotions and any Nathan-sponsored events.
You will work with East Region retail sales associates from running specialty accounts to train them on the features and benefits of hydration, visibility, and other Nathan gear solutions. You will also provide support to the sales team in generating fill-in orders and other sales-specific tasks as requested.
• Drive sell-in and sell-thru of Nathan products by maximizing staff engagement through core initiatives such as retail tech clinics, sales platform integration, product launch programs, sales contests and product seeding.
• Work with Nathan sales team on seasonal account plans, key initiatives and dealer events within territory, ensuring that sales and merchandising programs are maintained and maximized during your store visits.
• Increase retailer and consumer engagement around the Nathan brand through product launches, coaching clinics and other initiatives.
• Act as brand representative at key regional running events
• Represent the values of Nathan and communicate trends within the running community
• Prepare reports on training and sales activities
• Maintain a master list of all doors and their status within territory
• Work with sales and marketing teams on regional and national events by providing consumer support at the local level
• Provide R&D team with feedback from retail floor staff regarding current products and technologies
• Understand the latest technologies that exist in within Nathan product line, and convey these stories to the retail floor staff within in your territory
• Extensive travel to key retailers, training summits and running events
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Self-starter with strong self-management skills
• Enthusiastic communicator who loves to share strong knowledge of running and running-related products of all kinds
• Flexibility to work with short timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of running community, training methods, injury prevention and products in all categories of running
• Ability to interact at all levels within an organization—both orally and in writing
• Ability to work nights and weekends, primarily at events
• Knowledge and understanding of the Running specialty retail environment
• Interest in running and an understanding of the running consumer
• Active runner
• Direct sales or retail experience is a plus
• Ability to travel: Estimated at 80%
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Business, Education/Training or related field preferred
• One (1) to (2) years of relevant retail and/or product training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid driver’s license and state driving record.
Position Compensation & Benefits:
United Sports Brands offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, a casual & flexible work environment, and a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture.
United Sports Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.