To be considered for this important position within our company, please send your resume to HR@shockdoctor.com with subject line “Graphic Designer”. This position is based in Fountain Valley, California.
United Sports Brands is a global leader in sports performance and protective products designed to help athletes perform at their personal best. Brands within the company’s impressive portfolio include Shock Doctor, the #1 global leader in mouthguards; McDavid, a brand at the top of the recommended lists of pro athletes, sports medicine professionals and athletic trainers for more than 30 years; Cutters, the innovative leader in the athletic glove market and high performance glove grip technology; XO Athletic, a premium, game-changing developer of athletic cups and sports protection; and Nathan the Running Essentials™ market leader in athletic hydration and visibility products. Our products are sold at the major sporting goods retailers as well as a significant number of independent sporting goods retailers and distributors throughout the U.S. and in selective international markets and through our consumer direct websites at www.shockdoctor.com, www.mcdavidusa.com, www.cutterssports.com, www.xoathletic.com, www.NathanSports.com.
Reporting to the Company’s Marketing Services Manager primary responsibilities of this role include support of the department’s digital and traditional marketing materials creation, working in conjunction with our agency partners and creating and owning design for certain projects, creating elements that communicate the brand and product specific positioning and messaging as outlined in the creative brief or articulated verbally by the Sr. Marketing Communications Manager.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Maintain brand standardization across all marketing materials- ensure integration of campaigns and communication messages
· Design materials for e-commerce and digital marketing efforts
· Work on various collateral such as catalogs, sell sheets, POS, schematics, brand stationary, stickers, folders, promotional items, etc.
· Revise current files where assets/files are readily available.
· Edit print ads with new creative and finalize files that have been outsourced
· Collaborate with design team on various concepts and approvals
· Make packaging updates as needed
· Create mock-ups for client presentation/marketing presentation decks
· Create banner ads and communication element (proficient with various online mediums)
· Download and archive final design files for collateral, media, packaging etc.
· Keep files current
· Organize Server library when needed
· Update new products/logos for our marketing partners to access on site
· Maintain image library – clean up and delete old files
· Create and keep current reference files/books for packaging updates (domestic and international).
Minimum of 2-4 years graphic design experience within a corporations marketing/creative department and/or a advertising agnecy. Specific experience in ad, catalog, packaging and POS design and layouts. Demonstrated ability of e-com and digital ad design, both static and animated. Sporting goods company background a plus.
· Strong time management skills, independent self-starter. Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with limited resources. Comfortable working with significant complexity and ambiguity while under challenging deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task on different projects with different requirements. Ability to set clear goals and quantitatively measure them
· Knowledge of general business, marketing and advertising principles/practices
· Skilled at thinking outside of the box and pushing the boundaries, while understanding and acknowledging each brands specific guidelines
· Strong customer service focus
· Willingness to work on multiple projects across multiple mediums for different brands per day
· Must have the ability to represent the company's interests to outside parties
· Possess good communication skills; both verbal and written.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, deals effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and by telephone, proven collaboration skills that enhance teamwork and align goals
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Bridge. As well as knowledge with Microsoft Office programs. Keynote, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Sketch are bonus
Graphic Design degree or equivalent experience
Position Compensation & Benefits:
United Sports Brands offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, a casual & flexible work environment, and a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture.
United Sports Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.